Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kings Island Photos and Blog


Kings Island how has an official blog named Kings Island Insider. The more parks with official blogs the better! Obviously we here at NewsPlusNotes are fans of blogs...

Next, one of our readers Andrew was kind enough to send in some photos they took at this past weekend's ACE Winter SOAR event held at the park.

Looks cold!

Here's a great shot of two of Diamondback's trains. Notice the fangs! How awesome.

The helix before the splashdown near the end of the ride. Talk about being over a midway - this will add so much energy to the area come Spring.

The area is still under construction though, lots of midway improvements to make due to Diamondback.


What I'm guessing is the entrance and queue area for the ride.

Thanks Andrew!


4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am *totally* digging those fangs. And props to Don on the blog!

NewsPlusNotes said...

Is it weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw the fangs was "I hope they don't break off!"

Wonder if the front piece of the trains will get snake decals, too.

DrewJ said...

The trains will get decals soon. The third train is in the maintenance shop right now and will be added at some point, probably after they start testing. Don also said that they will begin testing ether this week or next week.

Diamondback just dominates that entire area! In fact I haven't been to Kings Island since they announced it, and was in total shock by how much it controls the sky line of Kings Island! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it! I can not wait for opening day! If I had more time I'd love to share more details and photos, but schools got me tied up!


Andrew

Unknown said...

Everything looks great :) I can't wait to ride Diamondback!