Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kings Dominion 2010?


It appears as though Kings Dominion in Virginia is planning a new roller coaster, possibly for as as soon as 2010.

In documents filed with the local planning offices we can see that a new roller coaster is planned, but that's about as much info as we can gather.

The news coincides with some new land clearing that can been seen at the park behind the Anaconda coaster, and also behind Flight of Fear (that area can be seen above). A new plaza for a big coaster sure would fit nice next to Outer Limits... just think Firehawk at Kings Island.

So, what do you guys think the park is going to add? Leave a comment!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Kings Dominion would get a hyper coaster! cause Canada's Wonderland & Kings Island now has one, but Carowinds also has something plan so im not sure what type of coaster were getting, but whatever it is I hope its fun:)

Freddy said...

Yes it was bound to happen some time or later, this is such great news for my future visit. I do hope it’s an Open seeter B&M or if not maybe an Intamin Giga Coaster.

Freddy said...

I found some quite interesting info on this forum:
http://www.coasterwarriors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=4630 (on newest post)
One chap saying the 2010 coaster will be as high as the park’s Eiffel tower, a new world record holder if that is true.

Anonymous said...

I think it will be something Intamin.... Perhaps... Something "Maverickesuqe..." I think we will see soon... ;-)

Tori Simba Finn Esquire said...

Over 350 feet tall? I didn't think they'd do that at KD, but maybe they're making a backup flagship park. I mean, it does have Volcano, which is sort of a big deal. Anyway, I don't doubt they'd put a B&M in there, or an intamin. I was thinking maybe that GCI that CGA didn't get, but they already have 4 (5, if you want to be technical) wooden coasters, so it probably will be a hyper on some level.

NewsPlusNotes said...

A confusing mystery for sure - the Hyper makes perfect sense but I cannot financially see Cedar Fair affording two hypers in one year! (assuming that Carowinds will get one, which I very much am assuming).
Hmm...