Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sabrina's Brochure Spotlight: Cedar Point 1992



Things have been relatively quiet around the Point lately. Let's see what they were up to back in 1992! [And by the way, my scanner did not freak out: The image on the cover really is blurry, even on the real brochure!]


Wow, I just opened the brochure and already they're trying to convince me to come visit for TWO days instead of one! I mean gee whiz, could you at least tell me what you have to offer first? Talk about your interesting marketing tactics. Let's see if they can convince me to make the trek to Ohio by the time this is all said and done!


The Berenstain Bears? Well now we're cooking with gas! Come on, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the Berenstain Bears?! I had a ton of those books when I was a kid. Perhaps if they had starred in--oh, I don't know--some kind of Halloween cartoon special about a generous yet elusive pumpkin sprite, they would still be hanging out at the Cedar Fair parks.


Here we go with that two-day visit mumbo jumbo again! Well they sure didn't waste any time reinforcing that notion after teasing us with the Berenstain Bears propaganda. Nice hotels, camping, a beach, family fun: I get it. But what kinds of RIDES do you have??


Now that's what I'm talking about! Mean Streak, in only its second season, was the poster child of America's Roller Coast back in '92. If you'll recall, the first round of mega wooden coaster wars was in full effect back then, along with all the unfortunate side effects that accompanied them. I'm anxious to see what Cedar Point and GCI do with the big guy in this year's off season.


Wait, this place also has a water park as well as a "challenge" park in addition to all the other rides and attractions? I guess I really am going to need two days to do all this!


Alright Cedar Point, you win. Consider me signed, sealed, and delivered for that whole two-day thing. I guess you knew what was in my best interests all along! [But seriously, it really was the Berenstain Bears thing that pushed me over the edge...]


0 comments: