Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Daily Spin 9.23.08


*Note - I'm using a new format for Daily Spin posts so I can publish them faster, more easily, and more often.Six Flags America's Vekoma Inverted Boomerang, Two-Face, was listed for sale on this webpage, but the listed was quickly removed. The above screen shot shows when the ride was still listed. Two Face has had mechanical problems over the years and actually was SBNO this summer. Not a surprise, I guess.


Let the Halloween Event reviews begin! Here's a photo trip report from Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Europe. The park does a really nice job on their Halloween event, nice quality props and mazes throughout the park.

Dollywood has started the set up work on their new for 2009 attraction, Adventure Mountain. They've blocked off the section of the park where it will go and put up some signs, as seen in this thread over on Thrill Network.

Westcoaster's photo report from Canada's Wonderland has some of the nicest Behemoth photos I've seen yet. They also have a great selection of other photos of the park. It's definitely worth checking out.

I really like this article about Disney and the Muppets that Blue Sky Disney linked to a few days ago. I love the Muppets and have wondered for years why Disney has done what seemed to be so little with them after purchasing the brand. Looks like the future is bright for our furry friends.

Construction of Thorpe Park's 2009 coaster is roaring alone. They are moving at an extremely quick pace with this one. Check out the latest photos over on ThemeUK.

Plopsaland in Belgium has announced a new Gerstlauer launched coaster for 2009. It looks to have some crazy theming! Check out the art and the ride's layout at this link on the Plopsafansite.


7 comments:

Coastermaster said...

This is not Two Face, I think, it must be Deja Vu in Six Flags Great America, which is rebuild in Silverwood Theme Park.

Greets from Germany
Coastermaster

NewsPlusNotes said...

Hi! You are correct that Deja Vu from SF Great America was moved to Silverwood. The other Deja Vu from Six Flags Over Georgia is still for sale. The coaster that is just now being sold in in fact Two Face from Six Flags America, though.

DrewJ said...

I don't see any mention of SFA or Two-Face for sale on that page. I see Deja Vu from SFOG.

NewsPlusNotes said...

Two Face is the 2nd one down. Deja Vu is first. I added a screen shot to this post for clarity. Two face is in the yellow box.

DrewJ said...

See screen capture.

I don't see it.

NewsPlusNotes said...

It was there yesterday. My computer at work is bad and does not refresh properly.

The screen shot I posted proves I'm not insane though!

DrewJ said...

I don't think you are insane, I just want to keep NPN accurate. Now that it appeared and disappeared, it will be interesting to watch!