Aquatica Orlando's new attraction, Ihu's Breakaway Falls, will have a grand opening on May 9th, as announced by the park today. Billed as the "tallest, steepest, and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in the southern United States," Ihu's Breakaway Falls is sure to attract thrill seekers to the park for its debut.
Standing almost 80 feet tall (105 feet when counting the slide structure and cover), the attraction will consist of four separate high speed slides. Three of the slides utilize a drop-away floor to start the action, while the other has a more traditional start.
To add even more excitement to the premier of the slide, Aquatica Orlando has released several fun facts on the attraction:
• Ihu’s Breakaway Falls features the tallest, steepest, longest and only multi-drop tower slides of their kind in the southern United States.
• At nearly 80 feet tall, Ihu’s Breakaway Falls has the tallest and steepest 360-degree spirals in the southern United States.
• Those who dare to brave Ihu’s Breakaway Falls will experience an almost vertical drop for nearly 40 feet, the steepest in the southern United States.
• Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is the longest water thrill slide of its kind featuring three “breakaway boxes” and four completely different slide paths. Once the floor disappears, riders will drop 20-24 feet per second.
• Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is the only high-speed water thrill slide in the world that propels guests through four, 360-degree spirals.
Until the ride opens on May 9th you can keep up to date via the park's official website.