Saturday, August 16, 2008

Michigan's Adventure: Connected?


© cprocks22 2008

It looks like Michigan's Adventure is finally building the path that will make the park a 'full circle!' In this trip report on TRP, by cprocks22, they have the above photo showing a new path going in that's heading around the back of Thunderhawk and then toward Wolverine Wildcat.

Now, Thunderhawk isn't in the above aerial, but it gives you an idea of what we're talking about here. The park has always been a big U shape, which means if you go on the rapids ride and then want to ride Timbers... you have to walk all the way around to get to it. This new path will run behind the wooden coaster in the center of the photo connecting the two halfs of the park.

And since they're staring it so early, perhaps that means something new will be along that midway in 2009?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can guarantee the path around Thunderhawk is for a midway. There is an extra slab of concrete that is adjacent to the midway and has electrical connections running to it; clearly for a food stand.

NewsPlusNotes said...

For what its worth, I e-mailed the park and they said that no path is being created to connect the parks.

I re-watched video from Thunderhawk's opening and it looks like that path has been there all season... but thanks for the additional info, Joel!

Unknown said...

I would take what they say with a grain of salt. You have to take a close look at the midway. Although no fencing is set up (yet) between it and Thunderhawk, the paving and shaping of the path is too nicely done to be for just a maintenance path.

I'd also like to point out, while I was at the park on, I believe the 7th, I personally spoke with Chamille Jourdan (MIA GM) and she said, and I quote, "I think you'll like what [Cedar Fair] has coming here".

NewsPlusNotes said...

I def. was taking that with a pound or so of salt... indeed it seems the plan to connect the two sides has been in the works for quite a while now.

And yes, they don't use 'cedar fair white concrete' for maintenance paths so that's a giveaway too :)

The developments of MIA have always interested me, Cedar Fair hasn't really 'developed' a park like they are with MIA since Dorney, IMO. I'm always waiting to see what they do next at the park.