Monday, July 28, 2008

Funny Six Flags New England Article


Here's an article from MassLive.com about Six Flags New England that I think is really pretty hilarious. It's basically about how everyone in the local government wants to work with the park better in the future to make sure there's no repeat of the failed Dark Knight coaster - ever again.

But it gets funny where the Agawam Mayor is quoted as saying he's concerned that the park will move to another state. What!? It even says that someone at Six Flags told the mayor's office that the state of Connecticut was trying to 'entice' the park to their state.

Yes, I'm sure that Six Flags has the capital ready to go to pick up an amusement park and move it. Right.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Six Flags New England's property is right on the Massachusetts/Connecticut border. They even own some land in Connecticut. So moving into Connecticut wouldn't require physically moving; just a redrawing of some lines (albeit lines that wouldn't be easy to redraw).

NewsPlusNotes said...

Well that makes me feel dumb! Thanks for the info!

dwitos079 said...

question, how do you find all of these stories? Do you go into Google news and put on email alerts for stories on parks?

NewsPlusNotes said...

I browse and browse and browse to find this stuff.

I've tried google news alerts but I find that they come too slowly. I used to find stories online and then Google would e-mail them the next day.

It's a lot of work to find the stuff but I love the industry...

dwitos079 said...

That's really impressive, what is your career line by the way? I'd bet those skills come in handy.

NewsPlusNotes said...

Sadly I work in an industry that's almost the polar opposite of the amusement park scene. So surfing the web well isn't on my resume!

dwitos079 said...

Any research involved?

L D said...

Based on what I know getting building permits from State Govt took awfully long time w/pain. So the Dark Knight had to be scrapped for the year. But they still tried to make up for the attendance with some extra Six Flags Coupons for 2008 season.