Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Western View - A Check-In to Las Vegas


I hope everyone had a good Halloween and is recovering well from their candy comas. I spent my Halloween weekend in Las Vegas and while I’m still recovering a bit myself (not from candy) I thought I’d take the opportunity to do a small update on the City of Sin.


This trip was centered around 2 birthdays so I didn’t spend a ton of time checking out the amusements, but I was able to make it up on the Stratosphere this time around.


As I get older, the idea of dangling off the edge of a 900-foot tower is much less appealing than it was back in 2004 when X-Scream opened. Though that fear may have made the ride that much more thrilling for me. Safe to say I did not re-ride.


Big Shot, on the other hand, I could ride all day. Unfortunately it took almost 20 minutes just to ride it twice. The delay between cycles resulted in me not even getting a shot of the gondola running on the ride.


Another slow loading ride was Insanity, and that resulted in a large line. I decided to skip it in the interest of getting to Adventuredome before it was closed for the Fright Dome event.


Speaking of Adventuredome, Canyon Blaster has become the best coaster in Vegas. Why you ask?


Because Speed has been closed. Sadly the rumors of a sale seem to be false and the ride is just sitting there accumulating dust.


Another shot. The ride looked like it could launch through the loop at any second, very sad.


The Fremont Street Experience is always fun to check out. In the spirit of Halloween they had a Time Warp show play after the Queen show. I also took a spin on the Zip Line, it was my first Zip Line and it was a really cool experience!


I skipped The Roller Coaster at New York, New York. I decided that my hangover was giving me a decent enough headache already.


The Fountainbleau looks like it would have made a great resort. Sadly they had some internal issues, went bankrupt and the building was abandoned.


It seems like someone could easily come in a finish this thing. With the crowds I’ve seen on my last 2 trips I would think it would be easy to make a profit.


MGM had quite a few lion cubs. Here are 2 that were getting bigger. I couldn’t get a shot of the 2 very small ones as there were tons of people crowded around taking pictures.


And we’ll leave off with a shot of the Strip at night as seen from Moon Nightclub at the Palms.

I hope everyone enjoyed. You may be seeing more Vegas in the future as this writer is looking to make the move by years end. Stay tuned for more details!


1 comments:

NewsPlusNotes said...

Thanks for the update - it is sad to see Speed just sitting there like that!

With the big chains moving rides around so much you'd think they would want to pick that one up on the cheap.