Thursday, September 30, 2010

Euro-Fighter Goodness



Slow news day... so let's take a look at a great example of why I'm happy that more Gerstlauer Euro-Fighters are set to arrive in America: Fluch von Novgorod at Hansa Park in Germany.

The ride features some extensive theming (though I admit I haven't a clue what's going on), a launch, plenty of twisted track, and part of the trip is in total darkness.  The single trains allow for some unique maneuvers that traditional, longer trains could not handle.

Granted the announced Euro-Fighters for the U.S. lack the immersive theming, but they still seem like rather fun rides.  Dollywood started things off right with Mystery Mine, hopefully we will see another ride of that magnitude sometime in the future.


1 comments:

Surya said...

I have seen quite some enthusiasm for Euro Fighters coming from the US. And while I think Euro Fighters are fine, they're not great. The drop is a fun gimmick, but they're not as smooth or forceful as I'd like. I'd take a Euro Fighter over a Vekoma any time, but I think they're no more than a fun distraction between better rides.