Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sabrina's Brochure Spotlight: Erlebnispark Tripsdrill 2005


Oh boy... Y'all are going to have to bear with me this week. It is with great shame that I must admit this half German girl does not speak a lick of German!! Luckily, Erlebnispark Tripsdrill--or simply "Tripsdrill", since that's the part I can pronounce--is picturesque to the point that words are hardly necessary. Let's feast our eyes, shall we?

"Distinguished!" Really? That's an odd way to kick off a brochure! But let's not lose sight of the point: Tripsdrill is home to over 100 attractions, and they have spared no theming on any of them. Take this inventive tower ride, for instance. Doppelter Donnerbalken (which translates to something like "double thunder bars") is not only beautifully themed, but I hear it packs quite a surprise for the unsuspecting park guest!

"As to be never arisen." Huh? Something definitely got lost in translation there!

Well if you have a shoe fetish, Flotten Schlappen-Tour should be right up your alley. Another interesting attraction at Tripsdrill is Fensterln am Bauernhaus (lower right-hand corner). If you dare to climb its ladders, you will be rewarded with a greeting from one of the interesting characters who live inside.

Highspeed! Finally, a word I recognize! (Never mind the fact that it should be two words. We'll let this one slide, pun intended.)

You can't tell from this photo, but Badewannen-Fahrt zum Jungbrunnen (Tripsdrill's log flume) actually has boats which were made to resemble bathtubs. How grotesquely charming!! This half-dark ride, half-log flume also boasts some highly unusual theming, but that is a whole other topic. Also of note is G'sengte Sau, the park's Gerstlauer bobsled coaster, though this particular photo does not do justice to its wonderful theming.

Oh my goodness... I am not even going to tell you the translation that Babel Fish gave me for this heading, but suffice it to say that it was NOT appropriate for the respectable little family friendly blog we've got going here!! (I know you're all dying of curiosity now, so go ahead and look it up for yourselves. I'll wait.)

Forgive me, I'm still laughing! But seriously: Here are some rides which would appeal to the smaller set. Tripsdrill also features a petting zoo, which is always a win with the kiddos.

I've grown weary of translating, so I'll let you read through Tripsdrill's pricing structure for yourselves. According to the park's web site, admission also includes a voucher for a free souvenir glass. I wonder if that was also the case back in '05?

"Well, how they find us?" Close enough! Here are your detailed directions. I must say, after studying this brochure and doing a bit of research, I am dying to visit Tripsdrill! The value of good theming cannot be underestimated, and they have it down pat. I reckon Tripsdrill could give the Busch or Disney parks a run for their money in that department.


2 comments:

Coastermaster said...

Do you know that Donnerbalken means also in german "toilet"?
One of the best themed parks in germany. I love it.

Sabrina said...

I did not know that, so thank you for enlightening me! My German vocabulary just grew by one word. Perhaps I should have enlisted your help in translating this brochure! :-)