Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dreamflight @ Efteling Video



This ride always intrigued me. I think I remember reading about it in Inside Track (any of you remember that magazine? Yeah, they got my money, too) and thinking that the ride looks Disney caliber and that alone caught my attention.

Oh wait, the details! The ride is at Efteling, which is in the Netherlands. It was built in 1993 and according to the ride's Wiki page, "In Dreamflight, the visitors fly through a dream world of forests, castles, fairies, trolls and other fairy-tale-like creatures and scenes. The visitors are seated in small open cabins hanging from the ceiling. The ride takes them past five different scenes in about six minutes: the Castle Realm, the Wondrous Forest, the Fairy Garden, Heavenly Strongholds and the Squelch Forest."

Basically, it's a total fairy tale ride that's unique and didn't rely on an already existing set of characters. Plus, it's really visually beautiful, even if trolls, fairies, and that sort of thing doesn't interest you.

Turn down the lights and go for a ride...


2 comments:

Coastermaster said...

And the question is: Is it a coaster or not?

The longest helix I know.

NewsPlusNotes said...

You're not kidding! That was one of the ride's big design points if I remember correctly.