Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New Website + New Details on World's Tallest Water Slide



I don't think I am insane, but perhaps I would be to take on Verruckt at Schlitterbahn Kansas City!  The water park has launched an all new website for their world record smashing water slide, the tallest on the globe.

Verruckt was originally planned to open this past summer, but the crazy size and nature of the ride pushed that back into 2014 - trust me we all want plenty of testing on this one!


Search you will, but no official statistic on just how tall this bad boy is will be found on the new website.  It does give some hints, though, such as the fact that it is taller than Niagara Falls which is 167 feet if wikipedia is correct.  Also taller than the Statue of Liberty toes to torch, which is 152 feet.  The FAQ page also mentions that the large hill after the drop is five stories tall.


This one makes me a bit queasy!  That's one steep plunge, in fact they say it is steeper than "any ski slope."  I have no idea how steep that is, but it looks pretty intimidating either way.  The ride should be ready for when the park opens in May, 2014 - and I would expect to get final details around that time.

To check out the ride's new website for more information, photos, and video, click here.


0 comments: