KaPau Plummet will cost an estimated $1.7 million to build, opening in Spring of 2014. The tower will consist of two 240-foot slides, each launching riders from a drop-floor into a 70-degree plunge followed by a spiraling loop.
|Concept art for KaPau Plummet|
"The AquaLaunch trap door builds anticipation for an incredible drop below," said Cory Roebuck, White Water Director of Operations, who explains 'kapau' is a slang U.S. surfer term to mean the next big wave or the next big thing, pronounced KA-POW. "Never before has White Water had such a thrilling ride. KaPau Plummet will literally take your breath away in an awesome plunge."
Dare-to-Drop Facts for KaPau Plummet:
- Tower height – 40 feet
- Speed – 26 feet per second
- Two translucent slides, 3' in diameter
- Length of flume slides: 243.8' & 246.2'
- AquaLaunch capsules with drop-floor plunge
- Capacity – 360 riders per hour with 2 slides
- Waterflow – 1,000 gallons per minute
- Manufacturer – WhiteWater West, Ltd., British Columbia, Canada
- Budget: $1.7 million
- Opening expected mid-May 2014