Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Steel Force Construction Diary #10 - Final!


This will be the final in a series of posts that honored Steel Force's 10th anniversary, and oddly enough it ended up being the 10th in the series.

I had a bunch more before & afters to share, and that's right where we left off last time. So let's continue!

Always a nice shot - really 'framed' the park well when the ride was built.

Obligatory ferris wheel shot. I wish I had a newer one with Hydra instead of Hercules.

Like this one a lot. It really shows how they altered the landscape for the station area.

They really did remove a lot of trees for the helix. I understand why, but wouldn't it have been awesome if they left as many as possible? It would have been extra dark that first season before the go-karts went in below the helix.

Better shot of the hill before and after. Hi Hercules!

I'll leave you all with this final shot, taken at the end of the 1997 season. That's all I've got! I hope you enjoyed this series. I actually had fun going though these old photos.

Can't wait to give it a spin in a month!


0 comments: