Friday, April 13, 2007

Hard Rock Park's B&M


Obviously in my earlier post about the park when I assumed that Maximum RPM! was the B&M I was wrong.

This article, from U.S.A. today (click for link) says that the park will be announcing the details of their 150 ft tall Led Zeppelin themed coaster.

Judging from this concept art (No Limits, anyone?) it's safe to say that this is the B&M sitdown with speakers in the seats a la Hollywood Dream The Ride at Universal Studios Japan.

You never know with animations, but if these are the real colors then I'm loving it. I've always thought, just as my personal opinion, that white/light silver track on a B&M is fantastic looking. Like Pyrenees at Parque Espana.


Anyway, let's see what they announce today.

EDIT: So the park sent out a press release a bit ago, the ride is named Led Zeppelin - The Ride. They made the on-board audio system official, and the ride will play the band's "Whole Lotta Love."

Guests can see a model of the B&M ride as well as a video clip if they go to the visitor's center that opens the 18th.


2 comments:

Q said...

I figured it's a NoLimits model too...does anyone know where I can find this? It definitely wasn't created by someone on www.Coastersims.com

NewsPlusNotes said...

I wish I knew! That would be a good marketing idea ... the park releases the ride's model for a program that most enthusiasts have.

That'd be a good way to hype up a ride.